Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hard Night for Dana

Okay, I'll start with a Kid Rock song. I heard it for the first time last August when I was fully introduced to Kid Rock's music. It's a ballad from his album entitled "Kid Rock". I loved the piano music at the beginning before I ever heard the words and then the words came. Oh my :-) !!! I found out a few weeks ago that Bob Seger wrote the song many years ago and he obviously was friends with a woman who has been through what I have been through. Thanks, Bob Seger, for writing this song, thanks to whoever inspired it, and THANK YOU, Kid Rock for singing it :-)

I had a lot of hard nights after Wasband left and I still have hard nights every now and then, hard days too! Don't get me wrong though, I have some good nights too ;-) Some of you know that Wasband remarried shortly after our divorce was final. He got married on a Friday night last September - I had already figured out it was probably happening that night but it was not confirmed until I received a text message from him late that evening that said "Just wanted to let you know that $%@&? and I are now married". Ouch! That hurt. Two years of dating, 19 years of marriage, three kids, two years of cheating, two months of divorce proceedings and just 7 short months later I get a text message. Oh well, technology is a good thing. We all know why he sent the text - because he didn't have the manly parts to call me and tell me in peson :-)

On a side note, I asked him a few months later why he kept the marriage from me a secret and he said "they" were afraid I would show up. No thanks but whatever. Evidently that came from a conversation I had with one of my daughters that I wanted to be their Wedding Singer and that my choice was going to be Kellie Pickler's "Best Days of Your Life". I'm especially partial to these lyrics:

I heard you're gonna get married
Have a nice little family
Live out my dreams with someone new
But I've been told that a cheater is always a cheater
I've got my pride and she's got you

Those lyrics speak for themselves. I didn't want to be anywhere near their happy event and I wouldn't want to waste my beautiful singing talent on their marriage! Enough of that - back to Hard Night for Sarah - after I received the text, I sat in my truck for a really long time and I put Kid Rock in the CD player and low and behold, I hit shuffle, and this song played and I cried and I cried and I screamed and I yelled and I called my best friend who said, "Dana, you knew this was going to happen tonight, you told me earlier that you knew this was happening and you were going to be alright when you confirmed it." and you know what? I was fine and I made it through! It was just another Hard Night for Dana and I knew I was gonna have to see it through.

I've tried to share this song with other women who are going through what I have already experienced and it's a hard song to find. Kid Rock has boycotted iTunes so you can't find the real versions of his songs on there and this particular song never made the charts, so there is no video to locate on YouTube or anywhere else, so guess what??? I made my own! Take a moment to listen to the song and read the lyrics and you might understand how closely it fit my life. It was sad when I needed sad and it was inspiring when I needed inspiring. For a few weeks afterwards, when I went to my iPod, I went straight to this song but I don't have to listen to it much anymore, and I just let it roll around occasionally when I choose my KidRock playlist. For the most part it brings back memories that I have left behind - but it's still a great song and the piano music is perfect.

Click this link and enjoy: Hard Night for Sarah - Kid Rock (song & lyrics)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not as big of a Kid Rock fan as you are, but I can totally relate to songs that get you in the heart. I'm glad you found something to get you back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of a lot of music - I don't tend to listen to the same style you do Josh but I listen to a lot of different stuff. I always enjoy your choices. I'm a major lyrics listener. Kid Rock just came along when I needed him and he found a special place in my heart and rock-n-roll soul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I'm sitting here crying for you. You are such a dear person who did not deserve this. God has so much more in store for you that is way better. It may be hard to see the sunshine for the clouds right now, but trust me my friend...trust me. You will see the sunshine. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete