Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Time to Read!

The last time I started a blog was March 16, 2016.  I had entitled it "Yes...it happened...when I least expected it."  It was started a few months after Mike and I married, while he was in Virginia for 5 months, and it begged to be written to answer all the questions about how we got together and ended up married two months later.  The draft sits there, along with a few others I've started in the past, waiting for me to revisit, re-read, edit and publish.  Writing is my therapy and the good Lord knows I've needed some good therapy lately.

I've been thinking about something else that is good for my mental health that I don't take time to do and that is...READ.  I absolutely love to read and at one time I was reading everything I could get my hands on.  In the past two years, I've only read two books. American Sniper as told by Chris Kyle and Guarded by Angela Correll.    American Sniper was the first gift given to me by Mike.  I received it as a birthday gift in December of 2015.  I started reading it.  We got married.  I got a promotion.  Life got crazy and I quit reading.  This past spring, I took time to read and thoroughly enjoyed Angela Correll's novel, Guarded, the 2nd in her series set in May Hollow.  If you haven't heard about her books, Grounded and Guarded, I encourage you to read them NOW because Granted, the 3rd and final book in her trilogy hits the shelves on November 22nd! 

What do you do to take care of yourself?  You'll find me curled up in my favorite blanket these chilly days, reading!  The first book in my lineup?  Granted by Angela Correll


To pre-order your copy of Granted, click HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment